So last weekend was a great weekend. Not only did the Steelers win the Superbowl (go Steelers!), but we got to spend the weekend in Albany visiting Lori, Wendy, and families. It was the first time that the two little cousins got to meet. Claire (6 weeks) and Megan (3.5 months) were really cute together. The times they were both awake and alert weren't many, but we got a couple of pictures. They stared at each other for quite a bit. Megan stared more at Claire. When we first laid them down, they just stared at each other, smiled at each other, and cooed. It was the sweetest thing. Here are a couple of pictures from that. And just so you know, we did not place their hands like that. They held hands on their own. They're just bound to be good friends.:)


Claire's cousin just loves babies. S. ran right toward Claire and picked her up in the first 30 seconds she was in the house. It was very sweet. You can tell S. is very happy. :)

Wayne held Claire for a while as well. Check out the froggy legs (Claire's, not Wayne's.) Hee hee. Oh, and since this outfit didn't have feet, she got to wear her fancy socks. I explained to her that as a Naugle, she will wear fancy socks. She got these really fuzzy, soft socks at the Naugle baby shower. :)

K. and Jocelyn jammin' to the music on K.'s ipod. They were bopping their heads. It was really cute. K. is really good with Jocelyn. Jocelyn also helped me entertain Claire when we were babysitting her. While I was making Jocelyn's lunch, I heard cooing from Claire. I peeked in the living room, and Jocelyn was on the floor, entertaining Claire and getting her to smile and coo. Clearly, she has good experience doing this with her baby sister, Megan.

So we have discovered that the swing is great. Claire isn't always content in it, but it usually buys me some time to clean up, make a meal, etc. She also smiles a ton, but we haven't gotten pictures of her smiling in a while. It's so fun enjoying the smiles, that I don't want to run and get the camera. Here are a couple of smiley pictures while she was in her swing.

I love the gummy smile.

So speaking of smiles, the other night, I got the sweetest smile from Claire. I had just finished burping her and was about to feed her some more, and she looked at me and smiled the sweetest smile. It was more than a smile though. It was almost like I could see her sweet spirit. I felt like we were both equal spirits who came from the same place, and her little smile said to me, "I trust you mommy. I know you will take care of me and teach me the things I need to know." I don't know if that sounds weird, but it was such a strong feeling. She's a big spirit in a little body, and is totaly dependent on Chris and I to take care of her and teach her. It was a really special moment, even in the wee hours of the morning. I just feel so privledged to be her mom and to be entrusted with her care.
I don't think it's weird. I had the same experience. It's special and humbling.
ReplyDeleteI loved seeing you all!
I love having you update this So I can see hat's going on with my cousin buddy!! She's soo amazing! I wish I could be htere to watch her grow up! I miss you! Take her on her 1st trip to florida soon! Like may? For Robs graduation! LOL i want ot see her soo bad! I miss all of you sooo much! Hope to see you soon
ReplyDelete~Brianna <3