But, the good news is, that is behind us, we can move forward with plans, and we get to live closer to family! Also, I have faith that it was not the Lord's will that we moved there. I am confident that the Lord has a great path for us to follow, and that apparently wasn't a part of it. I am nervous that our future is still uncertain about where we will live and how we will make money, but I trust the Lord. I am grateful that Chris has the opportunity to teach at Penn State in the fall, and we can return to where we met, courted, and started our lives together.
So, we are moving to State College, PA at the end of July. Since it is a huge college town, most of the choices of places to live were pretty much gone. We drove down on Wednesday and looked for a place. We were blessed to find a place that we both like, is convenient to many stores and restaurants - Walmart, Wegmans, music store, etc. are all within a mile, and is inexpensive! We have a 2 bedroom townhouse on a quiet little street across from a park. The living area is only 800-850 square feet, but there is a full basement that is really nice. There is a finished room in the basement, and the rest has a painted floor and is very nice. We are really looking forward to moving there and having some good storage space again, not to mention our own washer and dryer we can use again! We are also so excited to be back at Penn State, and to be close to family so we can visit often and spend holidays together. We hope that we can stay in Pennsylvania or New York permanently, but who knows.
While Chris was at AT in Kentucky, I stayed at my parents' house. Lori and Wendy and the kids came too, and we had a great time together as sisters and family. It was a different dynamic since it was just my sisters and kids without our husbands. We had a really good time.
Lori, Me, Wendy
We worked hard and redecorated our parents' bedroom. It really needed it as it had an almost 40 year old carpet, large make shift bookshelves with lots of dusty stuff on it, and in need of some decorating help. My parents have been very busy lately serving my grandparents and helping my grandma recover from her stroke, and helping my grandpa in his garden. They are wonderful examples of service and dedication. But, because they are gone so much helping them, they don't have much time to get things done at home. That's where Wendy and Lori and I come in. We cleaned their room, took apart and removed the shelves, painted the walls with 2 coats of a very light green, painted the baseboards white, pulled out the carpet, rearranged their room, relocated their 2 filing cabinets, polished the beautiful wood floors, bought and placed a few throw rugs, and changed the drapes. I would have a picture of the finished product, but a few more things needed to be cleaned off the desk and dresser first. So, I will have a picture of our hard work next time. Their room looks so much better - larger, brighter, inviting, etc. I'm excited they have a nicer place to sleep and spend time in. Yea!
During that week, the cousins had a great time playing together. Lori's oldest was at girl's camp, but the other two were there, plus Wendy's two kids, and Claire. Wendy's second daughter is only 2 months older than Claire, and now that they are a bit older, they interact a little more. It was really fun to watch.
Claire and Megan playing on the floor together. They had fun playing with the other's toys since they seemed new.
Jocelyn, J., Megan, and Claire. It looks like Claire is torturing Megan! I think she had her ear. Don't worry, that only seemed to happen just as I was taking the picture, and then all was well.
On Wednesday late afternoon, John and Carin and the kids came up from Florida. They are in the cast of the Hill Cumorah Pageant again, and they had to be there on Thursday. Though the time was short, we had a great time with everyone. Mom and dad were even able fit everyone - John and Carin and their 4 teens, Lori and her 2 kids, Wendy and her 2 kids, Claire, and I, all in the house. It was a little crowded, but lots of fun. Robert and John were able to help with some of the work in mom and dad's bedroom too. Hefty men!
John loves babies! He was very happy with both on his lap.
Carin with Claire. I love how Claire hugs like that, and her eyes look so blue in this picture. I think her eyes have lighted up some more.
Now on to my baby doll. She is quite a character. She is getting busier every day. She's getting so close to crawling. She's really strong, and a handful to hold on to. We have to be careful though because though she can't crawl yet, she can move around pretty well. I have left the room briefly and come back to find her in positions like on her stomach, licking the post of the bunk beds at my in-law's house (she loves to lick smooth objects), under a table grabbing a computer chord, next to a magazine stand grabbing the papers and trying to eat them, etc. She also sometimes tries to pull herself up. She can do it successfully sometimes, but most of the time she falls and hits her head. We have to be careful where we leave her and not be out of the room too long. She gets frustrated that she can't crawl yet, but it's coming soon. She just needs to coordinate her hands with her feet. She's got the feet part down.
Speaking of moving around, we have had some interesting instances in her crib/ sleeping area. I have found her sleeping on her back with one foot on the bed and her knee bent with the other crossed over and propped, had pressed against the screen of the pack and play, on her stomach with her feet poking out the bars, etc. The best was the following picture though. Sunday night, the night Chris came home, Claire was really struggling with teething. I gave her some tylenol, and held her trying to comfort her. Even when I held her, she was just screaming. She didn't act like this the last time she got teeth. (She still doesn't have her top teeth, but I'm assuming that was the problem.) So, I knew that she was really tired, and just needed to sleep, so I put her in her crib. She cried quite a bit, and then she'd be quiet for a while, cry for a while, off and on. Well, after she was finally quiet for quite a while, I went in to check on her and this is how I found her!
Finally, feeding. Claire is quite a handful. Not only are diaper changes often close to impossible since she is constantly trying to sit up or roll over while I change her, but feeding is sometimes tricky too. Sometimes, she shocks me at how well and how much she'll eat. Other times, she'll spit after every bit I try to give her. Yesterday was one of those days, yet today she ate great! Well, I tried to give her some green beans. She at them the first day I gave them to her, but she didn't seem to like them the next day. She ended up wearing it instead.
I attempted to keep her clean, but it didn't matter how many times I scooped up the food on her chin, it went right back there. She looks pretty proud of herself here too. It's like she's saying, "Ha, I may just be a baby, but I can get my way. I won!" Oh, that little girl has so much personality. It'll be interesting to have more insight into that little mind of her's when she starts talking! Well, she's talking quite a bit now, I just can't understand her yet. :)
I love reading your posts! They have so much good information. :) I love reading about everything, even if I was involved. You are a wonderful writer!
ReplyDelete