
Claire is a talker. Anyone who's been around her can vouch for that. If she's not chattering baby talk as she plays and walks around the house, acting as my little parrot mimicing what I say, or making animal sounds, she's probably saying some of her favorite words - "na none (all done), "daddy" (the "dad" really high pitched, with a lower "dy" - she must say his name at least a hundred times a day) and the newest "word" "kawk kaaw." Now what is "kawk kaaw" you ask? Well, it seems to mostly be her rocking chair that she got for her birthday, but she sometimes uses it for other seats such as her carseat, stroller, or other chairs. Lately she says the word over and over again and heads for her bedroom where her rocking chair is. Needless to say, she heads right for her chair, climbs on up, and sits in it. It's really cute.
Where did she come up with that name for it you ask? My best guess is that when she would sit in her chair, I would rock her and sometimes say, "rocky, rocky, rocky." I think she got the k sound out of that and turned it into "kawk kaaw."
Like I said, this girl says "daddy" all day long. She rarely says "mommom" but luckily I'm not the jealous type. I'm glad she's her daddy's little girl. All day long she calls his name. When we're in another room, and she hears her daddy close a door, she lights up, looks toward the sound, and gleefully says "daddy!" When he's in for a nap, and the bedroom door is closed, she slap her little hand against the door and say, "daddy!" If she's allowed into the room, she runs to the bed and says "hi!" If Chris is downstairs, and we open the door to go downstairs, she exlaims, "daddy!" You get the picture. One night, Chris had to leave for an evening rehearsal before Claire went to bed. After he was gone a while, she started banging on our closed bedroom door saying "daddy!" I explained to her that daddy wasn't in there, that he left for a rehearsal and went out the front door. So, she went to the front door, slapped her hand on that door, and said, "daddy!" Oh, how fortunate this little girl is to have her daddy home all day with her for a few months. It'll be sad when he has to be away from her when he goes back to work.
I won't bore you with all the things she can say, but suffice it to say that this girl's vocabulary is growing. She is very social, loving, and bright. She seems to have a pretty good memory too. When we gave her the rocking chair for her birthday, it of course wasn't wrapped, but had a bow sticking to it. This morning, she found the bow in her room, and tried to put it back on her rocking chair. It was a month later, and she seemed to remember that that's where it was.
Chris and I are just overjoyed with this little girl of our's. It's probably no different than most other parents out there, but hearing their statements of how much they love their children really doesn't mean much until you have one of your own. Words cannot express how much joy this little human being brings into our lives. Though she does things to drive me crazy (like letting the milk dribble down her chin instead of swallowing it, soaking her shirt!), she is just the sweetest, most affectionate, fun, adorable little girl I could ask for. I'm sure many of you feel the same about your children. But I have to say, I'm glad that Claire is all mine!:) I can honestly say that I love her more and more each and every day. Life is good. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment