I am sad to announce that at 16 weeks pregnant, I had a miscarriage last weekend. I will give the short story. I started spotting on Wednesday, April 14th. I continued spotting and then had mild stomach pains Saturday night. By Sunday morning, I was having strong contractions. I went to the Batavia hospital (we were visiting my parents that weekend) where they admitted me. (My parents came to support and comfort us, and helped watching Claire.) After finding no heartbeat in the ultrasound, they discovered the baby looked to be only the size of a baby at 13 weeks, so he/she must have died a couple weeks earlier. I had surgery that afternoon, and was discharged a couple of hours later, and went home.
This is the second miscarriage I have had. I had one before Claire when I was only 5 weeks pregnant. (I knew for only a week.) This has been difficult for us, but Claire has been a huge comfort and joyful distraction. Thank goodness for her! Chris has been extremely supportive, and I can honestly say that I think I have the best husband in the world. This trial has brought us even closer together. As we work through this, we know that God has a plan for us, and we will be blessed with more children. Just a couple of months after my first miscarriage, I got pregnant with Claire. We are hopeful that in a few months, we will be able to start over.
Another time I will update on some happier events of these past weeks including my sister's birthday celebration, cousins playing together, temple visits, etc. We are in a crazy time in our lives where Chris leaves for the active army next Thursday. In the next month or so we will be moving and joining him in California. We are nervous, sad, and excited about all of these changes soon approaching. Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment