Here is Claire with her friends (all boys.) They really looked forward to this play time. :)
Here is Chris's chef's coat and hat. My friend used her embroidery machine to embroider Chris's name on the pocket. Chris wears this chef's coat every time he cooks which has been quite often since having Maddie. He asked how I got the sleeves to be the perfect length. The answer? Pure luck. :)
This year, I wanted to start a new family Christmas tradition. I wanted to celebrate the Advent Sundays before Christmas. I have an awesome Advent calendar I made last year that not only has candy, but Christmas thoughts inside each pocket to keep the real spirit of Christmas in our hearts. I decided celebrating Advent Sundays would also help. Every Sunday I gave a little lesson and had an activity on the different topics - the angel appearing to Mary, the shepherds, Jesus is born, and the wise men. Here is our little Advent wreath I made (I stole a pattern from the internet), and the angel Claire made with white paper, a doily, and glitter glue. We put the angel on the tree. :)
Claire also got to go to her first parade! There is a Christmas parade in town, and we had a great time watching all the Christmas lights and Santas. Claire is waving in this picture. In San Angelo, they also have an AWESOME light display along the Concho River. We enjoyed driving through the park to see the lights many times this Christmas season.
This year was the first year Claire was really interested in Santa Clause. She was so excited to see him at the mall and went up to him many times (when there wasn't a line.) She got her picture taken with the Santa at the mall and also got to meet Santa at the church Christmas party. This year she asked Santa for red slippers like her Minnie Mouse (most of the time. One time she asked for a princess castle which she did get, but from us.)
This year we celebrated Claire's birthday a couple of times. We didn't want to miss out on celebrating with her just in case I was in the hospital with Maddie. We celebrated on December 10th first. She chose to go to Red Lobster (her favorite restaurant) for dinner. We also gave her all of the birthday presents from us, had birthday cake (strawberry with strawberry frosting and flowers on top per her request) and her choice of peppermint ice cream. (It was pink.)
Claire with her hat and mittens we gave her.
Claire with all of her gifts.
Claire with her cake
Claire with her easel she got for her birthday and LOVES. This was after our Advent activity of making a gingerbread house. (Ok, so that one didn't really pertain to the lesson that night, but it was still fun!) I love her laughing expression.
The weekend before Claire's birthday, we took her to her first real movie (besides the dollar movies I took her to in Monterey.) We took her to see the Muppets Movie and she LOVED it. We had popcorn and other goodies. She LOVED all the music in the movie and danced like crazy to it. She keeps talking about going to the movies at the "thee-A-ter." We hope to take her back again soon. :)
Since Maddie wasn't here by Claire's actualy birthday, we took her back to Red Lobster. She loves the lobsters they have displayed there. Many times, the workers there will pull one out for the kids to look at. This time was no different, except Claire actually touched the Lobster. I was impressed she was so brave! Claire also got to open presents that family had sent for her birthday that night.
Claire in her beautiful Christmas dress with Minnie Mouse.
No comments:
Post a Comment