Monday, February 27, 2012

January - as they grow

Nothing too noteworthy or exciting happened after Christmas. We enjoyed the rest of Chris's vacation at home as a family. I continued to heal from my c-section and adjusted to life as a mom of 2. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world and adore my sweet family. It was always my dream to be a stay at home mom, and I'm so excited to be living that dream. Here are some of my favorite pictures from after Christmas. Enjoy!


1 week old - the outfit is a bit big but she still gives her gangster sign. Look at those eyes to go with it. Yo!

1st bath
Sweet sister kisses. :)

I love those little and littler hands.

Someone is excited to be a big sister. <3

2 weeks old

1st time going to church - my beautiful girls

Even though we live in Texas, we have had a couple of snow storms this winter. After watching Christmas movies like Frosty the Snowman, Claire kept talking about playing in the snow and sledding. We were so excited that we had snow that stayed on the ground. It didn't last long, because later in the day, it was in the 50s. I made sure to take her out in the morning, so she could play in the snow. She was also excited to wear her winter gear including her new hat and mittens she got for her birthday. She made snow angels, threw snow balls, and of course, built a snowman. You can see how excited she is!
Claire hugging her snowman. (We didn't have any carrots on hand, so Chris cut up a potato instead and used a candy cane for a pipe. Hee hee.) Poor Claire cried later that day when she saw her snowman had melted.

Claire has an awesome imagination. Here she is dressed as Santa. She took some white felt I used with Christmas decorations, glasses, and snow boots. And there you have it - Santa!

3 weeks old - comfy and sleeping on daddy's lap. Ahh, the life.

When Maddie was 3.5 weeks old, she smiled! I was with Claire at story hour and talking to Maddie as Claire looked at a story on the computer. Maddie looked right into my eyes and smiled like crazy with big open-mouthed smiles for 5-10 minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me, not even my phone. For weeks afterwards, I couldn't get her to smile for the camera. I would get smiles now and then, but never when I had the camera. This is the night of the smiles attempting to get more. No smile, but still a pretty girl. :) Her eyes turned light blue when she was just a couple of weeks old, and they are so pretty!


Before church. My pretty girls in the sweater dresses.

Another sign of Claire's great imagination. This is her boat. You might think that it looks more like a train, but she recently informed me it couldn't be a train because the top is open, therefore, it's a boat. Her toy broom is an ore. She loves to build boats and sometimes ties them together with hair ribbons, her toy snake, and other methods. She also likes to include Maddie when she's in her bouncy seat or I assist her in having Maddie sit on her lap when she's in a laundry basket. What a little sweetheart. :)

4 weeks old with big sis. Claire is quite the princess.

1 month old - she loves to put her lips like this - her oboe or whistle face. :) (She lost a bunch of her hair on top. I missed the cute hairline including the little cowlick. It's now growing back though.)

So sleepy. I was napping with Maddie when Claire came out half way through her nap and joined us on the couch. So cozy with my girls.

Chris is teaching Claire how to roll out dough for the calzone he was making. They are both in their cooking gear I made them for Christmas. I'm so happy they like the fruits of my hard work!


Ready for church again. My beautiful girls. :)


I finally capture that beautiful smile. So sweet. Who is she looking at? Her daddy of course - just like the first time Claire smiled.


5 weeks old - staring sweetly at her daddy. <3


6 weeks old



Sorry for so many pictures, but it's just so hard to decide. My girls are getting so big so fast, and I just love my little family so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment