I have clearly lacked motivation the last few months to blog. Before we leave Korea (next week!) I hope to catch you up on the fun we've been having!
So, when Chris was in the field for a couple of weeks including over Valentine's Day as well as his big birthday, we decided to do something special for him to let him know we think about him every day and love him. We hadn't yet taken down our Christmas tree (though the decorations were off), so we decided to make it a Valentine's tree! Every day Claire (and sometimes Maddie and I) would draw on a construction paper heart. I then put a ribbon on it and hung it on the tree. One day, for FHE, we sat down and wrote a long list of the things we love about Chris. It was a really fun little project. :)
 |
| Our Valentine's Tree - We made the heart garland in preschool. |
 |
| Things we love about daddy/ Chris. |
 |
| One of the many hearts Claire made for him. She learned how to draw hearts. :) |
 |
| Maddie's art work. |
 |
| The heart sun catcher we made in preschool. |
Chris came back home a couple days after his birthday. We made him a yummy dinner, and I got him an ice cream cake at Baskin Robbins. (We've been wanting to get one since we came to Korea.) We also gave him our gifts to him. :)
 |
| Chris with some presents. His presents included accessories to his telescope he got for Christmas, a photography magazine, and a photo book I made for him of some of his pictures he has taken during the last year. |
 |
| Hugs for the daddy |
 |
| Claire LOVES the musical cards. The card section is actually the favorite section of the store. She LOVES to pick out cards to actually buy. This year, it was a kitty who sings "Happy Birthday" meowing when you hold down her chin. |
 |
| Claire also got Chris the Reese's Easter egg. (I've been eyeing that thing for Chris for years.) He was sweet and shared some of it with us. :) I love his face here. :) |
 |
| A break from the presents with a little upside down Maddie time. :) |
 |
| Birthday cake! |
 |
| Chris's birthday cake - chocolate mint. Mmm. :) |
Finally, a random picture of the girls. Dress up play begins a lot earlier when you have a big sister that likes to get you dressed up. This fairy dress is the perfect size for Maddie. They also LOVE playing on our rowing machine in our bedroom. Sadly, they probably play on it more than we exercise on it. :p
Stay tuned for some more blog posts this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment