So much of what I love about being a mom are the every day little things. I love the big adventures to museums and family get aways, but I also love the little moments every day. I love the way Claire and Maddie laugh and play together, often squealing with excitement as they run in circles chasing each other. I love watching them learn, develop and grow, and being able to see those tiny steps they make, whether it's Amelia curiously reaching for everything her chubby hands can get a hold of, Maddie using a new word, speaking more clearly, or learning another new skill to grow her independence, or Claire having aha moments learning to read and write or the inventive things her imagination comes up with. These children are unique and precious, and I feel so blessed to have the privilege of watching them learn and grow and the responsibility to teach them. So, I share with you a few fun moments I've enjoyed this last month with my cuties. :)
They decided to wear their Chinese dresses we got in Chinatown in Korea. I thought they had long outgrown them, but they still kind of fit. It was just a little late for Chinese new year too. Don't they look pretty?
 |
| She's been doing a lot of cheer leading moves and cheers lately. Should I be worried? |
 |
| Maddie decided to put herself in for a nap in their play crib. Haha. :) |
 |
| What is this one noticed for most by strangers besides those chubby cheeks? How happy she is. :) |
 |
| Dress up time! That bear she has flung over her shoulder? That would be her husband. :p |
 |
| Who says tutus just go around your waist? |
One snowy day, the kids were playing so nicely. They were playing separately side by side.
 |
| Claire had a long line of patients to check with her Doc McStuffins doctor kit. She seemed to do quite a thorough job. |
 |
| Maddie was having a blast playing with Claire's tool kit. |
 |
| Man, she is just BEAUTIFUL! |
 |
| Playing with the tent! |
 |
| Little miss photogenic wanted to pose with her puppy purse. |
One day we went to a friend's house for a play date. It happened to be a snow day (even though the roads were fine) so Claire got to play with one of her best friends. :) Maddie got to play with her friend from nursery too.
 |
| These cheeks are so heavy. It's exhausting. |
One day, Claire randomly put down a blanket, put on sunglasses, and put her umbrella down in front of the sun streaming through the window. I guess they are just as sick of winter as I am!
 |
| This was Claire's idea. So darn cute! |
One of Claire's very favorite shows is Wild Kratts. It's about brothers who tap into the creature powers of different animals. They have a suit that, when loaded with the creature power, they can then become like those creatures. Anyway, one day, I got Chris's birthday presents in the mail which were two photo canvases. Claire wanted to use the bags they were in. She decided to make a creature power suit by putting leg and arm holes in the bag, and gluing and stapling white paper to the bag to create a polar bear creature power suit. Later she decided to add a polar bear mask. I just LOVE her imagination and how she likes to use the most random things to play it out. :)



Claire has had a wiggly tooth for over a month now. The dentist actually said all four of her bottom front teeth are a little loose, but one was particularly loose. Claire has been so excited to lose it and find what she got from the tooth fairy. One day when I was putting Maddie down for a nap, Claire came running up the stairs, so excited, with her tooth in her hand. She just didn't know what to do with herself. After I had put Maddie to bed, she was still in disbelief. She said, "I can't believe I actually lost my tooth! I'm not even dreaming!" We shared her excitement with family and friends through text messages and a facebook post. She tells everyone she meets that she lost her first tooth. I told her, "February 19th will go down in history as the day Claire Grace Naugle lost her first tooth!"

For Christmas, we got a Claire a loom to make pot holders, purses, etc. One night she decided to work on it. Maddie was also interested, but something possessed her to do this with the stretchy bands. Hilarious!
 |
| This is her trying to smile. Not easy. Haha. |
 |
| Claire wanted to give it a try too. Haha. |
Love this post! What wonderful moments to remember forever.
ReplyDelete