Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Valentines

This February was much better than last February. Last year, Chris was in the field for over two weeks that happened to fall over Valentine's Day as well as his 40th birthday. This year was MUCH better. In fact, we almost had a 5 day weekend with him home over Valentine's Day. He had a snow day off of work on the 13th, and only worked a few hours on Friday because of the snow. Then Monday was off for President's Day. Wahoo! We didn't do anything crazy special on Valentine's Day, but we did go out as a family for dinner at a Chinese buffet. Romantic, eh? We love being together as a family though, and the kids were excited to get their Valentines too. Chris and I of course later exchanged Valentines and little gifts. :)

Claire was also excited for her Valentines party in preschool. I didn't know they were doing anything until the night before. Claire didn't have time that night, so we did them before preschool in the morning. Since there were only seven other kids in her class (and because I didn't have time to go out and buy any, though probably wouldn't have anyway) Claire made her Valentines. I like this better anyway, That's what we did when I hosted a Valentine's Day party for our preschool last year. She cut out one heart, but because we were on a time crunch, I cut out the rest. She happily decorated them with glitter glue and glitter, and wrote everyone's name on the Valentine. I had to take them to preschool on a tray because I didn't think about the fact that the glitter glue wouldn't be dry yet. Ooops!
Maddie of course was very interested in helping. 

Claire had a fun time in preschool (as always) and came home with lots of Valentines. Apparently they've changed since I last paid attention. Instead of a simple little Valentine, they now come with candy, erasers, or toys. Crazy! She loved it though, and thoughtfully shared with Maddie.
My three little Valentines on Valentine's Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment