So I think we're addicted to fun. A Florida vacation packed with fun and a trip to see dinosaurs wasn't enough for us. At the end of April, there was a spring festival at Fort Meade. They had bouncy houses for the kids, a train ride, and lots of vendors inside with games and prizes for kids as well as helpful info for parents. We took the kids and they had a BLAST! I'm writing about this three months later and Maddie is STILL thanking Heavenly Father for riding the blue choo choo train and going on the bouncy house in her prayers almost every time. Crazy kid. Sadly, we don't have pictures of either of those activities, but we did get a couple pictures of them checking out huge fire trucks.
 |
| Claire is wearing her panda ears she got at the natural history museum |
Chris kept very busy this spring. His evenings and weekends were filled with making our yard beautiful and planting a garden. He moved one of our bench swings, got a relaxing water feature, treated the grass, planted some beautiful plants and lots of veggies, made more planter boxes to plant them in, built some netting cages to protect the veggies from pesky creatures who ate them last year, and put netting on our grape vines. He has done an awesome job, and our yard looks great! One big project was removing the rocks that were in our front flower bed and replacing it with dirt, mulch, and plants. I love that the girls were excited to help him with this project. It is so satisfying to not only play together as a family, but WORK together as a family.


I don't have an after picture, but we've got a beautiful rose bush in there that blooms the sweetest smelling roses I've ever smelled, as well as many other plants and flowers. After their hard work, we went to Friendly's for dinner and dessert.
Chris and I have also talked about wanting to add on a sun room to our house. We like the idea of sitting and eating outside without the bugs bothering us. Unfortunately, they are pretty expensive. Chris found a great deal on a screen tent, and thought we could use it somewhere. Fortunately, it fit our deck almost perfectly. We've enjoyed meals out there, and the kids like to play out there as well. A wind storm broke a couple of the rods once, but we were able to repair them. Not a bad set up for $100 instead of thousands!
Finally, I just want to share a couple of pictures of my sweet kids because, well, I'm just crazy about them. :)
 |
| It's fun that Amelia is old enough that she can actually play with her sisters. |
No comments:
Post a Comment