So Claire reached a big milestone yesterday - she rolled over! She's been rolling on her side for quite a while now, and Chris noticed over the last few days that she seemed to be getting close to rolling over. Well, last night, while Chris and I were out of the room, she rolled over! We had just gotten home. Chris was putting something away, and I was getting Claire her p.j.s to get her ready for bed. Claire was lying on the floor where I usually change her diaper. Chris walked back into the living room and I was close behind. Chris said, "uh, Sandy?" The tone of his voice immediately made my head spin of what was wrong with Claire. Did she poop all over? Throw up? Were there gross bugs crawling her way? What in the world could it be? (Your mind thinks quickly in these kind of situations.) I quickly looked to see what was wrong. She was on her stomach, looking around looking like, "how did I get here?" It was pretty darn cute. I rolled her back to her back and tried to use toys to encourage her to roll over again so we could actually see it! She would come really close, but no luck. I eventually gave up and got her ready for bed. Then this morning, I had her in the same place as I had just got her dressed. I had to do something on the computer really fast before Chris and I went shopping. I saw her on her side, and then I looked at the computer. The next thing I knew, she was on her stomach again. I couldn't attend to her right away though. She was frustrated after a minute of being stuck there and started to cry. I'm sure it won't be too long before she figures out how to roll herself back over.
Claire is getting really into reaching lately as well. In fact, I think this is why she started to roll over. She reaches for stuff. She's been batting at stuff for a while, but now she really stretches to reach things. What does she seem to most like to reach for? People's faces. She loves to look at my face, reach both hands to my face, and pull her face to mine to put whatever she can in her mouth - chin, nose, cheek, jaw, whatever she can get. It's really cute, and it's so sweet to feel her pulling me in. I just like to view them as baby kisses, though I'm sure that's not what she's really doing. It does get a little slobbery though. She's such a cutie. We just love her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's so exciting when they start doing more and more things!
ReplyDelete