Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Temple Trip

Our church has a temple trip to the Seoul Temple every first Saturday of the month. Chris and I went in July, but we were late, and there wasn't child care like they said, so we weren't able to go in. Due to sick children, Chris working on the weekend, etc. we hadn't made it back until October. Well, the girls and I went anyway. Chris had to work that day. Our district hosted a primary activity and our branch also had child care for the littler ones. I couldn't pass up guaranteed child care, a fun activity for Claire, and much needed time for me in the temple, so I went without Chris. We had a nice trip down and ran into some friends on the subway transfer. It was nice to have their help when I had to push the stroller up the crazy steep hill. Right before you get to the temple, there is a hill that is probably on about a 45 degree incline. Yikes! After I nursed Maddie and got the kids settled in, I got to go in the Seoul Temple for the first time. The layout reminded me a lot of Taipei, so I felt right at home. After a trying few days with the kids, the peace I felt there was just what I needed. Ahhh.

In the mean time, Claire had a great time at the primary activity. The theme was a mini MTC and they were little missionaries. She was pretty cute with her name tag and had a little passport where they did little missionary things. She says she wants to be a missionary someday like I was. That makes me happy. :) Unfortunately, I forgot to bring the good camera that day, so only got a couple cell phone pictures of Claire in front of the temple.
Claire holding her missionary tag in front of the Seoul Temple
A better shot of the temple with a random Korean.


No comments:

Post a Comment