My what a year it has been. Our sweet, baby girl turned 1 the day after Claire turned 4! Party! Maddie doesn't really like a ton of food yet, but she does love the shepherd's pie we made for Claire, so we honestly just had leftovers for her birthday because it was something I knew she liked. I did make her a big chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting, and just like for Claire's first birthday, I made her a clock cake. I loved clock cakes growing up, and my mom made them for me for many years when I was 12 and under. Here is Maddie's cake.
 |
| 1:00 for my little 1 year old. |
So it turns out that Maddie LOVES chocolate. Well, most people like chocolate, but Maddie LOVES it. She dug right into her cake and made quite a mess. I had to hose her down before I could actually put her in a bath. Haha.
 |
| She of course needed help blowing out the candle. "What are you doing, mommy?" |
 |
| Just getting started. |
 |
| Shoving it in. |
 |
| Smooshing cake in her hands. |
 |
| Cake makes good paint! |
 |
| "Are you looking at me?" |
 |
| "Here, want some?" |
 |
| "Look at the mess I made!" |
This actually wasn't her first bit of cake that day. At lunch time, Chris's company had a Christmas party at the bowling alley. Chris's platoon leader knew it was the girls' birthdays, so she made them cupcakes. It was very sweet. We sang to the girls, and they both enjoyed the cupcakes, especially the frosting!
Hee hee. Those pictures make me laugh. Anyway, back to our family party. Maddie had no problem tearing the wrapping paper and digging into presents. She had fun unwrapping, and of course, Claire tried to help as much as possible.
 |
| Maddie and her presents. |
 |
| "This is fun! Let's unwrap more!" |
 |
| "I'm trying to get to these balls!" |
 |
| Blowing Maddie with her bath toy balls. |
 |
| Maddie with her presents - a book with her picture on every page, a basketball bath toy, a wooden bead toy, a play table, and she is wearing the pjs she got from Aunt Cay and Uncle John. |
 |
| The girls in their matching dresses they got for the birthdays/ Christmas from Miss Cat. |
I just love this sweet little girl. She is sweet, active, fun, funny, mischievous, determined, and loving. She isn't talking too much yet (that we can understand) but I'm excited to continue to watch this little girl learn and grow. She brings so much joy into our family!
Here's a recap of Maddie this past year. My how she has grown!
 |
| 2 days old - in the hospital |
 |
| 1 month old whistler |
 |
| 2 months old |
 |
| 3 months old |
 |
| 4 months old |
 |
| 5 months old |
 |
| 6 months old |
 |
| 7 months old |
 |
| 8 months old |
 |
| 9 months old |
 |
| 10 months old |
 |
| 11 months old |
 |
| 1 year old! |
No comments:
Post a Comment