Monday, June 16, 2014

Trip to Florida Part 1

At the very end of March, we went on a two week vacation to FLORIDA!!! We went to visit my brother and sister in-law in Fort Lauderdale since we hadn't been to their house since Claire was 14 months old. We decided it was easier and cheaper to drive, so we made a fun trip of it.

We left on a Friday night and stayed in NC. The next day we drove to Savannah, Georgia and went to a delicious and beautiful restaurant on the water. We all tried alligator at dinner which was a first for all of us except for Chris. I have to say, I'm not a fan as it is way too chewy, but I tried it!

After dinner, we went to the local mall to walk around. There was a huge Easter display and train ride set up. They had so much fun riding the train with their daddy.

When we got back to the hotel, I took the older girls swimming for a while which they LOVED. We like to make the most of our travel days and make them still feel like vacation. :)

The next day, after going to an hour of church, we drove to Orlando. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Pizzeria Uno and got the kids more pool time. (Chris did a great job getting hotels with pools.) This time there was a kiddy pool, so I didn't have to make myself go in the freezing outdoor pool with them and could sit back and relax. Ahhh.

The following morning, we got up to go to SEA WORLD! More about that next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment