Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Reunion!

It's that time again - time to catch up on the blog. As I use this as a family journal, I don't want to forget about these awesome memories even if I don't have time to write about them at the time. I'd like to start by going all the way back to the first weekend of October when a good friend and her kids came to visit us all the way from Kentucky!

Cat was my neighbor in California. The first time we met, she came over in her pajamas through our back door offering to watch Claire while the movers unloaded our things and as we unpacked. She was a lifesaver and because of her, our house was basically unpacked and set up in about a week. It would have taken a lot longer if Claire, who was almost 18 months old at the time, was getting into everything. Better yet, she had a son who was just a couple months older and he quickly became Claire's first best friend. Our families spent a lot of time together during our 15 month stay there. Cat and I were running buddies and she encouraged me to train with her for a 5k - my 1st ever! I taught her older kids piano, we went on double dates, and she often watched Claire while I ran or so Chris and I could go on dates, we shared meals, baked goods, and missing ingredients we needed, and we spent a lot of time watching our kids at the park right across the street from our homes. We were pretty inseparable. We even were pregnant together.
November 2010 after our 5k run
So when she called saying she wanted to come up from Kentucky to visit us for the weekend, we jumped on the opportunity. We hadn't seen each other since our family left California in September 2011. We left the day before Cat had her fourth child, and a few months later we had Maddie. It was so great to see her and her kids again. We all picked up right where we left off. Claire and Jaxson loved playing together and all the kids had a great time together.
Minutes after they arrived, they got right into playing dress up. Haha. 
Claire, Analiese, Maddie, and Jaxson
Reunited
Her kids loved Amelia...like a LOT. They wanted to steal her. 
One night, we thought we'd go to dinner to let them enjoy what makes Maryland special - sea food! We went to a restaurant on the water in Annapolis which was delicious. Chris said he was in heaven!
Telling secrets - so cute!




The kids also had a great time playing outside.




It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment