Yesterday, Claire had a busy day. She had a doctor's appointment, a dinner out, and grandparents who came to visit. Because of all of this, she had a lot of interrupted daytime sleep. I fed her at 11:00, and since she was overtired, I had to rock her to sleep. She fell asleep in my arms, and I put her down a little before 12:00. I woke up at 6:30AM and was sore and soaked. By 6:45 I thought about pumping, but I thought she'd wake up the moment I started. I tried to relax and enjoy the extra sleep, but every time I dozed off, she would make little sounds, and I would think she was about to get up. By 7:30ish, Chris woke up and noticed she slept through the night. (It was the first time in weeks he slept in bed with me instead of the living room.) By 7:45, I decided to pump. Claire woke up from the noise of the pump. She slept 8 hours and didn't eat for 9 hours. She may have even slept longer if the noisy pump didn't wake her up. She was content until I was done, and then I fed her. She fell right back to sleep when she was done. I thought that was pretty impressive for a little girl not even a month old. Usually she sleeps 3-5 hours at a time during the night, but this was quite impressive.
I enjoyed 6.5 hours of sleep at one time for the first time in I don't remember how long. I would say since before Claire was born, but when I was pregnant, I had to get up to go to the bathroom. It's amazing how 6.5 hours of sleep can be so refreshing! I feel great.
So Claire went to see Dr. Price yesterday for her 4 week check up. I absolutely love our pediatrician, and wish we could take her wherever we end up moving. She is so good with Claire and adores her.Claire is growing like a weed. She was born at 8 lbs. 11 oz. and 20.25" long. She left the hospital at 8 lbs. 1 oz. The very next day she was 8 lbs. 3.5 oz. At her 2 week check up, she was 9 lbs. 4 oz. and 21.5" long. Well, just 2 weeks later, she's up to 10 lbs. 11 oz. and 22.75" long. She's a growing girl! She also had her second Hep B shot yesterday. She cried for maybe 3 seconds when they pricked her leg and then suddenly stopped, like she forgot what she was crying about.
This morning, I was holding Claire, and Chris came up and started talking to her. She started smiling really big and for a long time. He ran to get the camera. To my surprise, she continued to smile at her daddy for a long time which we captured in a picture. She's so cute! I have no idea when to put when her first smile was. They say that they don't start smiling until about now, but she was smiling at us when she was a week old. We would talk to her, and she would look into our eyes and smile away. She's a cutie!
I agree that she is a cutie and certainly did a great job sleeping last night. Go Claire!
ReplyDeleteAlso it looks a little bit like her fist is saying, "Rock on!". Hee-hee.
What a beautiful baby!
ReplyDeleteShe is definitely cute! How come she has so many cute posture? Guess she is a smart girl, too. ^_^
ReplyDelete