Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Snow day!

So apparently, our presence brings rough winters. The one winter we were in Korea, it was the coldest winter on record. I don't know what kind of winter we've had in the record books in Maryland this year, but from what I hear, we've gotten a lot more snow than usual. Considering the average for where we live is 10 inches a year, and we've gotten way more than that, we're definitely above average. Chris has gotten a good amount of extra time home because of the snow. While he's only had two full days home due to the weather, he has had pt canceled, late work calls, and early releases. At home, the kids have played in the snow, and had classic snow day fun inside like building forts and watching movies. So while we were sick a lot of January, we also had a lot of snow day fun!
Ready to go outside! (Claire had to wear double layers of lighter weight coats because she lost her winter coat that matched Maddie's.)
Snow angels!
The warmth of a sister's hug. 

This picture may just seem like a simple picture, but for me, I was rejoicing. Maddie tends to just get into things. She plays with toys some, but she doesn't really sit and play with them. On a number of occasions lately, I have found her playing with her farm for a good period of time. I realized how nice it was that she was sitting and playing! She would press the yellow button which would sing a song. She would instantly clap. She also brought some princesses down from her castle to play on the farm too. 
The girls got this tent for Christmas. Claire thinks the one looks like the Repunzel tower. They love playing in this tent. 
We decided to have popcorn and watch a movie from the tents! Now that's a fun snow day activity!
The next day, we added the tent Maddie got for Christmas to the configuration. 
I told them how cool it was that they had these nice tents as when I was a kid, I just draped blankets over the piano and organ bench for a tent. Claire apparently thought that sounded cool, so she draped blankets over the piano bench and created a tunnel with a play box. (This box is usually used as a "cheese" costume. Haha.)
The kids LOVE this wagon. We thought it was time Amelia enjoyed it too. I gave her a little ride around on the wagon and then Claire carefully did too. 
Amelia likes to go upside down often. Sometimes I'll prop her on the boppy, and the next thing I know, her shoulders are on top of the boppy and her head is over the edge, upside down. Here she's doing a similar thing on Chris. :)
Boy does this baby adore her daddy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment