Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Memorial Day weekend

This year, we decided to go up to Albany to visit my sisters over Memorial Day weekend. It's about 6 hours of driving plus stops, so you really need at least a long weekend to go. I hadn't been there since last year about that time, and I hadn't seen my sisters in a while, so I was excited. Plus, I love watching the cousins play together. While I miss Claire because I hardly see her, it warms my heart to see her loving her time with her cousins so much. The day we got there happened to be my sister, Wendy's birthday. Over the weekend, we celebrated by making her a yummy grilled birthday dinner and an orange dreamsicle cake. Yum! We also took the kids to a giant playground, and they had a blast together.
Ah, cousins. So fun! (Jocelyn, Amelia, Maddie, Megan, Claire, Jason, Evan)
After going to church with Wendy's family (again, more cousin time), we went up to visit my other sister, Lori. We stayed the night there (since post bedtime conversations are my favorite), and had a wonderful time! I even got to see my friend, Michelle, who is kind of an adopted sister in our family. She was about to get married and move to Colorado, so I was glad to see her before she left. Though Lori's kids are older, her youngest who was 10 at the time, LOVES playing with my kids. He is amazing with them, and Claire especially adores him. He taught her a bunch of Harry Potter spells which she still often uses. (I can't count the times I've been turned into a cup!)
Giving Amelia a horsey ride. :)
Maddie adores her Aunt Lori. She loves when Lori flips her and plays with her.
The weekend went way too fast, and we had a wonderful time. There is nothing I love to do more than spend time together with family. Since we don't get together as often as we would like, we thought it would be good to get some pictures of us together. Unfortunately, I'm still looking a little frumpy. I'm working on it, but we still got some good shots. :)
Me, Wendy, Lori
With our husbands.

Wendy, Michelle, Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment