We got home pretty late after pageant Friday night. Saturday morning we went boating at the Canhams which I already shared. My grandfather came over for lunch. He's a quiet man, but he was excited to see my sister and I and our families. I am happily surprised to see how well he is doing after my grandmother's death. It's impressive for a 98 year old man. He is probably the hardest working man I've ever met and never gives up. Why start now?
 |
| My kids with their great grandpa. (My grandpa isn't drooling blood. I think he cut himself shaving.) |
After lunch, we drove down to PA. It's really nice that Chris's family lives half way home to our house and it's nice to break up the trip. Though Saturday was my mom's birthday, she was going to be gone that evening, so we went down anyway. (We celebrated with her earlier in the week by going to pizza hut for the lunch buffet, and for dinner made her a pork cranberry apple pie with salad and a pineapple poke cake for dessert.)
 |
| My mom is pretty great. I love her! |
Driving down after lunch was perfect for nap time for the kids so we could have a peaceful drive.
After we got there and visited for a bit, we headed for the Lycoming county fair! Chris's mom and his aunt joined us for the festivities. It was so much fun and very affordable. It was just $6 per person (Chris was free with a military discount) and that included unlimited rides! Usually we have to limit the kids to just a couple of rides, but we could let them ride lots!
 |
| Amelia is so happy and content in her stroller. You almost forget she's in there, but then you see her cute smile. :) |
 |
| I LOVE her smile. When I see it I can just hear her giggles and laughter in my head. |
 |
| Last ride of the night! |
 |
| I only include this picture because the operator of this ride was awesome with the kids. He was making faces and doing different thing the whole time getting them laughing. The kids watched him the whole way around on the ride. One kid apparently kicked of his shoes and everyone was laughing at the operator's face in response. So, of course, Maddie had to follow suit. She kicked her shoes off and thought she was the funniest thing. Haha. |
Since it was a rare occasion that I didn't have to pay a crazy amount for rides, AND I wasn't pregnant, I took advantage of it and rode a few fun rides myself! (I rode them solo because Chris isn't into such rides.) It was really fun though, despite losing all the change in my pocket while riding the zipper (a childhood FAVORITE!)
 |
| This was my favorite of the rides I rode, though when it first started, the weird feeling it gave my head made me second guess my decision. It was really fun though! |
 |
| It moved up and down and in circles. |
We also of course visited the 4-H displays, animals, played a couple of games, and ate yummy food! Ah, I love fairs. I had been feeling for a couple of weeks that I wanted to go to a good country summer fair, and this was the perfect place! The kids were out crazy late for the third night in a row, but we all had a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment