Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Amelia 2-3 months

I know, I know. I share way too many pictures of my kids, especially Amelia. Well, one of the main reasons is because I'm trying to figure out how she got so big so fast! This kid is growing crazy fast! At her 2 month appointment, she was 23.5 inches (90th percentile) and 14 lbs. 10.5 oz which is in the 98th percentile!!! She had chunky cheeks when she was still in my belly and they have done nothing but GROW. Some people at church lovingly call her "Cheeks." And that's not the only place she stores up for the winter. She is just a healthy, chubby baby all around, and I LOVE it! People ask me what I feed her. "Cream? Butter?" they ask. Nope. I just nurse this baby when she wants to eat, and she doesn't eat for a long time and just every 3-4 hours during the day. But when she starts moving, which is probably just a few more months away (why does this have to happen so soon???) all that chub will thin out, and I'm going to miss it. So to savor those cheeks, here she is. 
Amelia at 9 weeks old - the pretty little smile
Amelia - the smile so big the cheek chub almost covers her eyes!
Amelia at 10 weeks old. What a happy baby!
I love her bright eyes and her long, curled eyelashes. So beautiful.
I've got this, big sister!
Sisterly love
Right before she turned 2 months old, Amelia slept through the night for the first time. At 2.5 months old, she started sleeping through the night every single night and hasn't woken up at night since. It has made me realize that I wasn't just lazy needing a nap almost every day to survive throughout pregnancy and after she was born. It's really that pregnancy is exhausting and interrupted sleep is as well! I feel great now and rarely take naps, making me much more productive and able to have more one on one time with Claire while Maddie naps. Ahhh, sleep is a wonderful thing, and I'm so happy I have a baby who agrees!
Amelia at 11 weeks old. Who could not love that smile!
12 weeks old
I love how she looks at me.
Right before Amelia turned 3 months old, she discovered her thumb. Just like Claire, she has discovered her left thumb only. We'll see if this also means she's a lefty like her sister. Maddie and I will be outnumbered! Anyway, Amelia has always been a happy baby. She rarely fusses and if she does, it's usually just because she is hungry or needs a diaper change, or possibly the occasional belly discomfort. Now that she has found her thumb, it buys me a little time to finish up what I'm doing before I feed her without her needing to cry. Yes, this baby is happy, sweet, loving, patient, tolerant, and easy going. Ahhh, she makes having three children easy. :)
13 weeks old
But I still wonder...how did this:
turn into this, in just 3 short months!
3 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment