My mom offered a long time ago to help me with the kids after having Amelia once Chris went back to work. I was excited to take her up on her offer. With Claire, I lived in Rochester, so she was close by. When I had Maddie, I was in Texas, and since she came to visit us in California before we moved, she didn't have the money to visit again. This time was my chance. I was so excited to have my mommy time. Even though Chris later decided to take the three weeks off instead of just 10 days, I still wanted my opportunity, and I was excited that my mom agreed. Chris went to work the Tuesday after Labor Day, and the following Sunday, my parents both came down for the week.
Since it was a little later after having Amelia, I told my mom to prepare for a more adventurous post-baby visit. I wanted to take them out and about to explore. It was also helpful when I had less exciting things to do like go to a long dentist appointment without needing to take the kids. We had a great time during that week, and I loved having my parents visit. It is SO nice living driving distance from family!
 |
| My mom got to go with me to the much anticipated first day of Claire's dance class! |
 |
| The girls can't get enough of Grammy and Oma's tablets when they visit. |
 |
| We hadn't tried it before, but Amelia seemed to take well to the pacifier which was a huge help when she started to get hungry when I was out!. She doesn't really use it anymore, and has since learned to suck her thumb instead. |
 |
| Claire LOVES being a big sister and holding her sweet baby sister. :) |
My parents both really like history, so I thought they would really enjoy going to the Naval Academy in Annapolis, less than a half an hour away. We only had a couple of hours to spend due to nap schedules and evening plans, but we had a great time, and it was a beautiful day that day! We got to peek in the chapel, walk around the grounds, have lunch, and visit the Naval Academy Museum.
 |
| Pretty view by the water. |
 |
| Claire's signature pose - arms in front, head tilted to the side. Maddie looked up at her and did just as Claire did. |
 |
| Playing on the steps. Check out the huge anchor behind them! |
 |
| These girls love their Oma and Papa. |
 |
| In the museum. |
 |
| There is beautiful architecture all over the grounds. |
 |
| Chilin' in the car seat/ stroller. |
That night, we went to the Anne Arundel County Fair. We had a good time, but to be honest, I think the Orleans County Fair is better. I wasn't very impressed with this fair. It was a really fun opportunity to introduce a lot of animals to Maddie that she hasn't seen in person before. Claire of course always loves to see the animals.
 |
| Right before riding the "pink horse." (The horse had pink on the saddle.) |
We had hoped to get to more, but with my appointments, changing over our phone contracts and helping mom with that, and a course my parents were taking online a couple of nights, we quickly ran out of time. We had a wonderful time together though, and are looking forward to them coming back down for Amelia's blessing! Here are a few more fun pictures while they were here.
 |
| 3 peas in a pod. I love that my girls get two sisters like I did! |
 |
| Maddie REALLY loves her Papa, and gives him hugs even if he's asleep on the couch. :) |
 |
| What a baby lump. |
No comments:
Post a Comment