Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pregnancy with Amelia

So we were so busy having fun, moving across the world, buying a new house, etc., that I haven't really documented much of my pregnancy with Amelia. I also took a lot fewer pictures of my growing belly because I kept forgetting! (You'll notice when you see some of the pictures.)

We found out we were expecting the same week as Claire and Maddie's birthdays. What a fun present to us! I had my usual morning sickness, but never got sick, thankfully. I was nervous because I had established a pattern of miscarriage, full term pregnancy, miscarriage, full term pregnancy. I knew that really didn't mean anything, but in my head was still a little worried it would be another miscarriage. I was blessed with a feeling of peace, and that this pregnancy would be healthy and successful at the very beginning, so much so that I told my preschool mom friends the same morning I found out, which I would have never done without that feeling. I was still nervous but tried to remind myself of that feeling. Another strong feeling I had was that this baby was going to be a boy. Clearly I was wrong. To be precise, I felt that our next child was going to be a boy when I was already pregnant, but didn't know it yet. I had never had feelings like that before, so still wonder if that feeling was more that the next pregnancy (the one after the one I was already unknowingly in) would be a boy. Who knows. In any case, I'm so grateful for little Amelia, that it was a relatively smooth pregnancy, and I'm happy with whatever other child/ children we have - boy or girl.
20 weeks pregnant
21 weeks pregnant. This was the day we got to go to the Seoul Temple and our friends watched the girls. :)
28.5 weeks pregnant. There were a few months there were I had no belly shots. This is as good as it gets!
While it was a smooth pregnancy, I did have to have an ultrasound ever two weeks towards the end to check the amniotic fluid. It was on the low side, but was consistent which was good. It was a good excuse to see Amelia every few weeks!

34 weeks pregnant
36 weeks pregnant
The girls in pink ready for church. :) (I look unnaturally huge. Pregnancy is a weird thing sometimes.)
Again, we had some friends graciously offer to watch the girls so we could go to the temple before having the baby. It was our first chance to go to the DC temple since moving here. I've been before and it is incredibly beautiful. Whenever I go, it's almost as if it's unreal how beautiful, huge, and celestial this temple is. The pictures of it are beautiful but still don't quite do it justice.
37 weeks pregnant.
This is the temple where all of my siblings were married or sealed. (I was the rebel and went to Palmyra, but that wasn't an option yet for 3 of my 4 siblings.)

This is what Amelia looked like on the inside the day after we went to the temple. Apparently low amniotic fluid makes it harder to get a good ultrasound picture, but I love these shots because you see she already had chubby cheeks. She also loved having her hands by her face. The top photo is a 3d (don't worry, she didn't have a hole in her head), and the bottom one is 2d. I LOVE the cheeks already. :)
Our last family photo as a family of 4. (It went on a quilt for my parents' 75th wedding anniversary.)
Right before leaving for the hospital at 39.5 weeks. Yes, I know. I'm HUGE!

 Stay tuned for the birth of Amelia!

No comments:

Post a Comment