The first weekend in November, we went up to PA to visit family. Chris's grandparents hadn't met Amelia yet, and we wanted to spend time with all of our family there. We had a really fun weekend and also got to celebrate our nephew's eighth birthday with him. It is so wonderful living just a few hours drive away from family after living on the other side of the country and world! We didn't get many pictures of the weekend, but did make sure we got photos of the girls with their Great Grammy and Great Poppop!
 |
| Grammy loved holding Amelia. She loves when we visit. :) |
 |
| Even when Claire was away for over a year, she remembered right where to go for the toys. The kids had a great time playing with the toys! |
 |
| The girls love going to visit Great Grammy and Poppop, and it sure doesn't hurt that they have a puppy to play with too! |
 |
| Claire loved this baby doll that I think Grammy said was hers when she was a little girl! |
 |
| Maddie loved the shopping cart. Cow went with her wherever she went. She takes good care of that Cow. :) |
 |
| I remember I used to LOVE riding on the exercise bike at my grandparents house growing up. Some things never change! |
 |
| Poppop was happy to finally have a chance to hold the baby too. He is so sweet. |
I know I have said this before, but I have been so blessed to not only be born into a wonderful, loving family, but to have married into one as well. Grammy and Poppop are wonderful people, and we always have a great time together when we visit. It warms my heart to see the girls warm up to them so quickly too, even though they don't see them often. (Part of it is Claire's outgoing personality and warm heart and Maddie does what big sister does, even if she's a little shy.) The girls always willingly give lots of hugs and kisses!)
The day after we got back, Claire got to go to her first day of preschool! I know. November 4th is a little late to have a first day of school. She is going to the high school really close to our house. The class is taught by high school students supervised by their teacher. It's a great opportunity for all involved to learn. Having done student teaching, I know how much work goes into those lesson plans, even if they aren't the most experienced at teaching yet. It also had everything I was looking for in a preschool - close to home, inexpensive (just $60 for the year for supplies), part day, and only 3 days a week. Even though I think Claire would have been ready for kindergarten if she was allowed to start, I wanted to take advantage of the time I could have her home with me before she gets locked into an all day/ every day school calendar next year. I love having my little girl home with me!
 |
| Claire with her lunch ready to walk into preschool on the first day! |
Claire LOVES preschool, loves her teachers, and has a great time. Maddie has gotten used to the routine as well, and says as we drive to school, "Care cool? Have fun?" It's pretty cute. I'm glad Claire can have a school environment and learn some things too (even if she is the oldest kid in the class.)
No comments:
Post a Comment